Though sarees are known to be the oldest traditional wear of Indian women, today women are increasingly opting to wear exclusive suits for women like the ones available in the reputed designer clothing store like Craftsvilla. The different kind of salwar suits and similar dresses are most popular among the busy working women, who like to wear these attires as both casual and formal wear. Hence, there is an increasing demand or these suits designed by competent designers of India according to the tastes of the Indian women.
Few different kinds of suits for women as popular in the market
- Churidar suits – In this type of suit, the salwar fits nicely exhibiting the curves of the legs. The kameez or the kurta is given very few or no pleats to keep the dress very simple and comfortable that makes it a favourite daily wear of women. The flare of the kameez is very less around the waist and mostly reaches up to knee-length.
- Patiala suits – This special suit is influenced by the design of the attires used by the women of Patiala region, in Punjab. So it is very popular among the Punjabi women and now it is a favourite outfit all over India. Here, the salwar part is highly flared from the waist to the cuffs, stitched with clearly visible pleats. The kameez is made much shorter to highlight the specialty of Patiala salwar.
- Dhoti salwar suit – Normally, dhoti is a traditional wear for Indian men. But today, the designers have created special suits for women, whose salwar looks exactly like a dhoti. The specialty of this outfit lies in its U-shaped pleats, running from the front part towards the back side in a perfect ‘U’. As all these pleats are stitched on the inner side of the salwar, it strongly resembles a dhoti. Here too, the kameez is kept short and simple for the comfort of the wearer.
- Palazzo suits – This fashionable suit is designed like a western wear and makes the wearer look very graceful. Here the salwar is stitched in parallel design and very loosely fitted on the legs. The salwar and the hemline of the kameez are elaborately adorned with embroideries, various embellishments, appliqué works and designed laces on the border areas of the dress. So the women of any kind of figure can wear this type of suit on any occasion.
- Afghani salwar suits – This style is a specialty of Afghanistan, as it can be understood from the name of the suit. Here the salwar is extra flared in the shape of a balloon, narrowing on the cuffs only with various wide pleats. The kameez is kept shorter and adorned with simple embroideries made in contrast colour to the salwar.
- Parallel suits – In this type of suit, the salwar is made in straight cutting that runs along the length of the leg and the width of the salwar is same throughout, from top to bottom. The kameez of this suit is made to be extra long, extending well below the knees to make the dress look royal and highly fashionable.
- Suits with cigarette pants – In this specific style, the salwar is very narrow fitting adequately over the legs. But the kameez is created with exclusively designed cuts and extra length that hides all the flaws of the figure of the wearer. Thus, it can be used by the young women of all kinds of body figures.
- Printed salwar suits – This style of suit for women is created with the salwar made of colourfully printed fabric while the kameez is mostly plain and single coloured with simple embroideries or patch works on the borders and neckline extending till the hip region.
To buy all kinds o stitched, semi-stitched and unstitched suits for women, you can browse through Craftsvilla.com